7.17.2024

My students are talented #2 : school flyers

Looking into my blog I've seen a note published in December 2022 about some of my students works BUT I've never shown what some of my others students were doing at the same time: 

Well, no, this isn't my students' work this is from a profesional graphic designer.

Based on what my pre-Baccalaureat students had made.

Please let me explain.


Some flyers introducing the school diplomas needed a update. It has been asked to my colleague and myself to make a project with our students about that but there was yet an idea: making something like the new flyers for the post-Baccalaureat diplomas:

I made a kind of a workshop so some of my students could tell what they were thinking about those, which datas they were able to catch and finally to ofeer my ideas.

I resumed there observations and thoughs in a survey (for which my previous experiences in user design allowed me to precise some ideas). First thing is that they were missing informations with this kind of dynamical graphism: there were looking after datas they couldn't find while it was written on the document.

And I asked them for proposal:

Alrigth these are not designer's sketches but that's not what we  ask them.

We can see an horizontal lines structure.

Like on a lot of apps or websites where you scroll.


The graphic designer was able to understand and to use that. It's a sublimation as I really thought he would have a hard time exploiting my students sketches. In the end we have the graphic architecture, the hierarchy and the content my students were asking for!


And what about my colleague?

She doesn't even made anything with her students. I couldn't be at the next meeting but she was and she simply said that my observations were right..


#mystudentsaretalented #lesson #communication #schooling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search into the blog