3.06.2011

If I were a designer - 3: FIAT 500 coupe

A few years ago the BMW group was selling the Rover group but without the star: the Mini. You know that BMW have seen the Mini as a trended city car more than a super-mini, and it was the possibility to sell small car that BMW couldn't sell with its brand image.


The original Morris Mini was a good base for new cars (Moke, Marcos...) so some small firms developped cars on the new Mini. One of these has made break versions in 2006, Castagna:


Seeing this was for me an inspiration (but I don't know why) for a coupe Mini :


In 2009 Mini presented a roadster and a coupe, so they would have draw it when I was drawing it (I was not the only one to imagine this kind of versions but their is better):


So I looked for the other neo-retro icon, the FIAT 500. It's based on the former Panda which will be replaced next year so I designed a new car on this new base (a FIAT 600 ?) with a coupe Abarth version:


Here I was, and I was good, as Zagato has launched a FIAT 500 coupe during Geneva motorshow!


I think their and mine are still not well-balanced! And don't worry there will be soon a Abarth sport version as in my idea!



.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search into the blog