2.28.2023

If I Were A Designer #23: the Citroën 2HP for the future

I previously introduced the future 2HP by the press magazine L'Action Auto-Moto I've been part of when I had a small fame in my career.


In fact I've thought about this subject a long time before, even before knowing I'ld become a designer, rethinking the 2HP with the 90's standards:

Let's zoom on the very first sketch:

A few years later (2002) Citroën will introduce the C3 which form seems to evoque its ancestor but without the exact mood. Exactly as I did with my draw:

It had a "without roof" version to feel a bit like in a very modern Méhari: the Pluriel.


What I didn't knew, what I've discovered a few weeks ago in another magazine (L'Argus) is the way the C3 project thought to reinvent the 2HP before simplify its aesthetic!

 

I've seen a video and I've been schocked: I felt like I was watching at an 1:1 scale model of my own contemporary draw! Okay, not really but a bit.

Once again here is only one thing: the pride that I've been right, even if I never went far away.


Now I should ask if the new C3 designed by Tata for India isn't the real grand-daughter of the 2HP?

It doesn't look like the 2HP but it's the same concept:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search into the blog