3.07.2023

If I Were A Designer #23-2: Future 2CV

In 2006 I've been asked by the magazine L'Action Auto-Moto to imagine the interior for the Citroën 2HP of the Future.

The main concept was to use 3 ranks of 2 seats in a thin but long vehicule.

I wrote here before how proud I have been to see I was right about a few ideas after that seing those used by international car makers.

 

Then I've posted here my own vision for a 90's 2CV and how it was close to what Citroën designers were thinking around by preparing the C3 ->

 

Let's get back on the 2006 project.

At the time I've met several people in this car design environment and every one was liking my part but disagreeing about the exterior design (done by the intern illsutrator and I'm very sorry I didn't found his name).

Recently I've seen the Renault Triber: small SUV crossover MVP for the indian market since 2019.

The mainlines lookalike what we published 15 years ago: shorted rounded sloping hood, narrow and high line, reduced overhangs...

Let's say the mainlines as I agree style isn't the same (and time alters memories so I didn't remembered our "futur 2cv" was so rounded and gross).


Okay, this time isn't about MY own work as I was in charge of the interior design but still I've worked on this project (and I even done a few ideas for the exterior as I had to work without their images so I had to draw it by myslef based on the phonecall explanations just to know where I was going).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search into the blog