11.28.2010

If I were a designer - 2: Savoya Table



In 1860 the first minister of Piemonte – Sardina kingdom Cavour and the French emperor Napoléon III were accordind to creat Italy in front of Pape's States and Austria.
So Nice and Savoie have been annexed to France.


There were 150 years ago and I'm a designer from Savoie so I thought to commemorate this with creations.
But I didn't take the time to think about it and I have just some small sketches in my agenda or behind the briefes. Here is a table from my agenda :
It's the Savoie's blazon, a white crew onto a red fund.
I've read this is not official as coat-of-arms but only as flag (so it would have no royal value as blazon). I've also read Amedee V had won the right to bear arms of the Order of St. John of Jerusalem after saving Rhodes in 1315.
I don't know how are officialized flags and arms. I do know that the France has an official flag in 3 colours but there is no colour on the passport cover so there is an unofficial coat-of-arms for the France.
Maybe you are (or maybe you know) an heraldist so to precise this point ?


In short I thought this table was not enough and I have to find a better idea. Yes, I would find it without search for it...
And in springtime I've seen a piece from italian design-masters on the same historical inspiration but I'm not convinced on it : a table for each actual italian region with their national colours:


Finally my Savoya Table could have take place near to this big tableful!






.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search into the blog