7.07.2011

Blog for a work research - 14 days vs Dreamjobs#8: Blogger

During your research for a job you often have a dream-one. As the question of the month is on a contest for blog I ask:
is blogger a job?


Blogs were born as simplified websites to display the latest news. It became a diary (with public visibility) and teens loved it. You can see that the first blogging platform in France is still Skyblog.


Step by step the blog became a professional tool with cartoonists, marketers... it was Twitter 10 years before. My first blog was my online book. I couldn't make it what I wanted so it became a blog about design, until 70 visitors per day, then the platform has been closed so I started the actuals but without the initial energy (nor the visitors).
There are blogs from firms, gossip celebrities, media, skills, movies... Some of them are living with this activity.


It's cool to earn money staying at home doing what you like... better, writing about what you like.

But there are also disadvantages.
First of all, your image! Man, it's for teens, so if you're still on it, you are a retarded teen, a pimplied-virgin-geek.
Second hand, it's seems hard to write regularly with enough interest that many many many people follows you as you can successfully monetize all of that... You know, there are only a very few, those who live with this activity.


More of all, if someones live with their blogs, others die. The ''Arabic Spring Revolutions'' has shown to the world some cases of political dissidents identified because of their writings on the Internet.


Finally I think this is not my dream job...

But you can still vote for my blog!



.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search into the blog