2.15.2012

Stop attacking the Unemployed!

One more time...
If you read this blog for monthes you know that despite my freelance activity (not-enough to live) I'm still searching for an employed job. So I'm registered in the Job Agency, even if I'm not into official statistics because of my freelance business that keeps me in a never-mediatized category.

Now is the time for the not-yet-officially-presidential-candidate-(maybe to continue his campaign with the advantage of the state resources)-next-ex-French-President (yes, even if he's re-elected, a day wil come he won't be more) to attack for free the job seekers.





Basically you put face to face the ''social profiteers'' and the underpaid workers.
The form doesn't offend me because the last time we have to vote, just a few monthes after the ''France'' signed the treaty rejected by the French people in the referendum.
On the idea that job seekers could reject offers from Job Agency, well, you know, Job Agency doesn't really offer jobs at the moment, so there is nothing to reject.


No, that's not true, Job Agency offered me a job. Once. In three years. A farmer-job (with a poor salary which doesn't compensate the decline of social helps), but this time the method surprised me. My mobile phone rang, incoming number +00000... what a beautiful number... I pick up and I have a registered message (yes, a real man reading a message, not a virtual voice) with all the information and the references for this job... Of course, I have to be at their disposal 24/7!
Well, I was with my grandparents (law allows me to at the moment) so I hung up and went back with them. Except that I didn't have the references (it was not a message on my mailbox) neither on my web personal space.

In the same time, I hear too often that who wants to find a job will find a job (listen, boys, what I want is the money to live, not the job, because a underpaid job is very easy to find, that's true) and I think like that when I heard in the medias that industries need workers. But... wait, one of these industries is PSA (Peugeot-Citroën cars) making workers come in overtime and on weekends... the same factory where they were said to have a lot of partial unemployment


So I needed to understand.
Every year since the law for Labor, Employment and Purchasing Power (2007) there are approximately 140 millions hours of overtime work, subsidized by the French State (as these are exempted from payroll and taxes). There are also 40 million hours of partial unemployment, also sibsidized by the French State (and more by the unemployment helps, so 2 times from the national treasury).
The cost would be in the 5 billion euro for exemptions on overtime and in the 600 million for partial unemployment. Directly from state to the pockets of industries which destroy jobs.
And now without any legislation since Minister Xavier Bertrand announced remove preliminary authorization for partial unemployment.


I wrote about PSA, but Renault and General Motors are also using these laws, the firm STMicroelectronics (whose French State is a shareholder) is known for it, and I'm sure that there are many cases in the country.

I'd already written on this blog that the real profiteers were not hurted in the medias, and they're still not.



Photo credits : Patrick Kovarik et Bertrand Gay / AFP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search into the blog