6.18.2018

Less-on #4

 That's my last delivery from my students before a long time as I don't teach anymore.
Some are easy like this one "the cost to buy it is a cost". Yes, I could'nt say better.


Some of them are really funny, while working about seasonal foods: "treks loose their leaves" (well, the original version is an error from arbres [trees] and arabes [arabs] but that's a fault on the order of the letters not on the word):

(well, the french version could be dys-understood, I assure there is no racism in here)

One more time, I'm not joking on the people, but on these small lights of sun they let me see in the fog of the corrections. Some are at an unexpected level for this degree (I was teachnig in a 2 years degree in social help, so the design is about 6 points in their exam):
 

Even sometimes I learn things! For example the national Health Plan advises to consume things at theit natural production period. I do understand it when it's about something that grows (fruits, vegetables, tubers...). But where is the point when you speak about cheeses (some of them could stay 5 to 36 months in a ripening cellar depending on how strong you want it):


 I'm working for the Beaufort cheese this year, and I don't even understand which season they choose!
In April the cows are still inside eating hay, the summer season of the cheese starts with June, so why eat the one in April? In a shop you can find all over the year this cheese from summer milk AND this from winter milk, more or less strong when you come to buy it.
That's not an historical season as in some parts of the region of production they were given the cows to a common mountain during the summer, so they had enough milk to make this big cheese, and they were keeping the cows at home during the wintertime, producing small cheese and butter to sell at the city. In other parts that was the opposite, they were a lot in the village during winter so they could produce big cheeses and they were each family in a different mountain during the summertime so each one was making its small cheese.

The Beaufort Cheese and the Comté Cheese are pretty similar, let's say cousins. And there is a kind of alternativity. Is it a choice in the sheet to make no one jalous?
And what about Aligot? That's a cooking with cheese, potatoes, garlics!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search into the blog