11.28.2018

Soulages Retrospective @ Gianadda Fundation

Travelling through Switzerland I've been attracted by a retrospective around Soulages art in Gianadda Fundation in Martigny.

Let's be honest, I've been disappointed.
I was hoping to discover, to see much more. First, as the exhibition tell, he created furnitures and we see no one here. People in my age should know his giant pieces covering an entire museum and I thaught that there would be at least two of them confronting in a big space, just to say ''he made this kind of stuff, that's important, here they are''. Nope. The biggest one was 2m height.

I'm pretty sure that someone ion love with this artist before seeing this have appreciated, because we can see a few steps in his evolution.


Not enough definited, maybe not enough valorized?
I'm sad because I drove very much a lot, and I paid the plain price. I would have regrets not to see it, but I'm disappointed by what I saw (and by what I didn't saw). And that's not the first time I'm felling like that this year...
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search into the blog