6.16.2022

If I Were A Designer #18: special Alpine cars

 I've yet published here my idea of a new Alpine car more than 10 years ago and I had some sportier versions called after evocating names (as was doing the Renault Twingo Gordini of this period):

 

Stronger than the normal version was a everyday sportcar named Gordini. More powerfull was the Mignotet (named after the motorist preparing the engines in the great times of the brand history). And then was the rallye evocation called Dudot (the engineer who made the turbo engines winning the WRC).

Every version was decorated after the 70's racing A110.


And now Renault introduces a limited version on its 2017 A110 entitled Tour de Corse:

The yellow body with the black hood, even the 20 brench white wheels, this one really looks like they have seen my ideas!

[of course not, I know, I've been looking after their testymony so did they and that's how you end with similar ideas]

This one is not for competition but costs 80k€ (when the base model starts at 60k€ but the Rédélé is even more expensive at 83k€!).


The cabrio seems to have been cancelled so they should not try the Barchette version I made without windshield for the Europa Cup...

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search into the blog