11.14.2023

If I Were A Designer #24: graphic identity for orchestra

More or less 20 years ago when I was a student I entered the Musicampus association conducting an universitarian orchestra. For the first concert I had to put a poster in my school and I still remember I made it at midnight because I didn't wanted to be seen with such an atrocity in my design school!

So I proposed to the association board: " I'm not a grapic designer but I can do better!

_ Nice! Could you make the logo for the association too?

_ Why not!"

I'm the one who answered that last question: Musicampus was the official name but everyone was naming directly the orchestra so I made a graphic identity for the orchestra: 


The logo is directly inspired by a poster by Muller-Brockmann:

My logo was less geometrical, circle arcs represent the sections of the orchestra, the name is at the conductor place, there is a strict square around because it's calssical music but it's ripped by the yougness (and the amateurism) of the members.

Blue and yellow were the association's colours (well actually those were the colour of the university and I'm pretty sure they changed the year after).


At the time this graphic design was intended to implant the identity of the orchestra and I though it would need to be changed 5 years later by a more serious one.

It lasted more than 10 years.

The new graphic identity is nice. It's not mine but the circle arcs are still here!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search into the blog