2.16.2016

Less-ons #1

Teaching design is a great thing, but with students that are not learning design for real (it's 4 points out of 100 in the test for their diploma) I wanted them to work about references. And it was a way to test their graphic skills.

I don't want to write something bad about someone, so I can't say if second-year students forgot everything from last year or if it has been badly teached to them, but the page making were globally not good.

Then there are the texts, which offered me a few sunrises during the long hours correcting all of these:

- about Apple : "[…] an intuitive tactil interface that allows you to use two fingers simultaneously, up to a maximum of eleven."
11 fingers simultaneously on one alone screen, what a great performance!
In fact I want to believe Apple to be crazy enough to make it for real, but I didn't find this informations anywhere on the Internet, I don't know where does it come from, so I'll let this in the nice fails timeline.

- about Matali Crasset, page of her carrier and collaborations :  "In 1993 : she enter Philippe Starack's team [...]"
This is my favourite one as it could be a lapsus: Philippe Starck played with the starisation of the designers, he even animated a Britain's got talent like show for designers on the english television, so it's a type fail that offered me a lot of laugh.

 - about the Modernist Movement (not an easy paper, I agree. Hard enough to have a misunderstanding, after some good pages about history, to introduce Catalan Modernism for flagship projects. Badly these two movements have almost opposite principles): "A tendancy to subordinate the form to the functional predicate [...] in an exergue of rationality [...] thanks to the development of new technics and materials [...]"
Well, well, well... Did the person who copied this sentence understood it? I don't want to be unfair but it's way too intellectual for a student in a two-years technical degree!

I didn't copied the first fails I've seen correcting a preparing test, now I'm waiting for my next corrections adventures!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search into the blog